- Gentoo linux on Dell XPS 13 (2016, 9350, QHD touchscreen)
Use the newest of the newest kernel version. I'm using 4.5.0-rc3 and that is one of the first versions that boots consistently without a lot of patching.
Kernel: "CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME: NVM Express block device"
And also disable the IRS setting in the Dell bios:
- Start Windows and remove the IRS software
- Select safe mode for next start and reb…
- Simple up check of ip address
This script simply pings the given ip-address and every time there is a change in response status it shows the date and the status. This is nice to keep track of conections that flap a lot.
if [ "$#" -ne 1 ]; then
echo "Usage: $0 <host>"
- cni - Container Networking Interface
Some links with explanations for cni
Command Explanation Example
List the partition tables for the specified devices
My docker notes
Install under Windows
- Download "Docker Toolbox" for Windows if your system does not meet the minimum requirements for the native Windows version.
- If you are using a proxy you have two options:
- set proxy environment variables in your Windows
- manually download the boot2docker.iso file and place it under "C:Users<user>.dockerma…
- Often used
- emerge --sync
- emerge --update --deep --newuse --with-bdeps=y @world
- emerge --depclean
Hetzner VNC rescue
- Rescue -> vKVM 64 bit
- ssh root@<host> -p 47772 -L5901:localhost:5901
- cat /opt/vkvm/vkvm-pass
- vnc l…
- Gentoo Tools
CPU_FLAGS_X86to put in make.conf. Also use
use=""because not all packages are converted to use the